Thursday 12 June 2014

Living in Harmony with Mother Earth

I have been so busy recently that I've had no time to post anything new! I have been reading a lot too, mainly older books that were published before I started out on my spiritual path.
 
The subjects I've been reading about are quite diverse and I have found my self having to be very discerning about what information I am taking onboard. Some of it resonates completely but a lot of it doesn't resonate with me at all.
 
I am finding myself drawn back to Native American wisdom teachings as one of my spirit guides reveals herself to me as a Lakota woman. She is always nearby when I am giving a healing so I think of her as my healing guide.
 
I love the way the indigenous tribes lived in harmony with all of Nature and honoured Mother Earth who provided everything they needed. This harmony and abundance was of course taken away from them so cruelly by the white man who was unable to accept them as equals and had no respect for their ancient way of life.
 
Of course here in Britain we also used to live side by side with Nature and her elementals, honouring Mother Earth in much the same way as the Native Americans and others such as the Australian Aboriginal people did.
 
It seems though that many don't have the time or the desire to live in harmony with Gaia or Mother Earth on whom we depend for our existance. Consumerism rules these days, but we would all benefit from taking a look back into our own ancestry to see what we could glean from their wisdom that is still relevant in our lives today.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome.